Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Well I think its safe to say that I'm not so good at keeping  up a blog while I'm in school :). I did finish out the 25 days of thankfulness for November on facebook, so I wasn't a complete slacker.
Here is a quick update of what has happened since my last post.
November: Andrew and I spent Thanksgiving with his Aunt and Uncle in Alpine, Utah. We had a lot of fun and I enjoyed meeting more of his family. We spent a lot of time with family and got a lot of spare time to spend together. We got new phones (Droid Incredible Two) for free as part of Verizon's Black Friday Deals; and we really like having smart phones! I was able to get an internship with help from one of my teachers (Major Blessing!!)
December: We were both super busy and stressed because of finals and my work schedule. It was a crazy couple of weeks trying to finish everything and do it well enough that our grades wouldn't suffer. And then it was a little stressful waiting for grades to come out to see how we did- which we both did rather well! And then once finals were done and we were both done working graduation, we had a couple days to ourselves and then we left for Utah. Once we got to my parent's house, we hung out for a few days, helped my dad pack the car, and then left for California. We spent about a week and a half or so in California visiting family and visiting parts of Andrew's mission. We had a great Christmas with my family! And we got to go spend a day at Knott's Berry Farm, which was way fun!! New Year's Eve was spent at my sister's house just hanging out and we brought in 2012 with a kiss and some sparkling cider. And on January 1st we drove back to Utah.
So here we are to today. It has been a crazy, wonderful year. We are looking forward to starting this new one and we both have some resolutions that we want to work on. And we all know that resolutions are hard to keep for longer than a few weeks but I'm going to try something to help us remember and hopefully it will work.
I am most definitely looking forward to my last semester of classes and my internship. I will be working with a general pediatrician and a neonatologist both in a clinical setting and a hospital setting. I am graduating in April and will officially receive my diploma when I'm done with my internship (July-ish). Then I will be applying/working on applying to PA schools.
 Andrew is excited for the new semester as well. He has a full load of classes and will be working Mon, Wed, and Fri from 7am-12pm on campus. It was a blessing that he got this job, because he hasn't been working since his birthday in November and he won't have to drive back and forth between Rexburg and Idaho Falls anymore.
We are ready for 2012 and all the things that it will bring! We are glad to be where we are at and can't wait to see where life takes us next. Happy New Year! and remember that perspective is everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment