Monday, November 7, 2011

More Thankfulness

November 5, 2011- Day 5:
Today I am so thankful for friends! Andrew and I have some amazing friends here in Idaho and we got to spend some time with quite a few of them for Andrew's birthday. I love all of my friends and am so grateful for who they are and the influence that they all have on my life. Friends really make things more fun :)

November 6, 2011- Day 6:
Today I am so thankful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and for the opportunity that I have to teach Sunday school with Andrew! I would most definitely not be where I am today if it wasn't for the knowledge of the gospel that I have and the guidance that the Lord gives me each and every day. Teaching Sunday school is such a blessing! I love it so much because I learn so much and can help others learn as well. I love being a Latter-day Saint and I love The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I can only imagine where my life would be if I didn't have the gospel!

November 7, 2011- Day 7:
Today I am very thankful for the mind with which I have been blessed. It is definitely a blessing! I woke up early this morning to finish my organic chemistry homework before the in-class quiz. As I was working through the homework, I was not understanding what was being asked or how to do the different problems. I got so frustrated and worried about my quiz. Andrew kept telling me to stop worrying cause I would do great on my quiz. Well during my second class of the day, I worked on my chemistry homework a little more and understood it a lot better. And then I went to chemistry. My professor handed out the quizzes and I began. I actually got 100% on the quiz! I honestly couldn't believe it! I felt so blessed! And this is just one incidence where the Lord has blessed me to remember and know the material for a test or quiz. My mom tells me all the time that I am so smart and I honestly don't always believe her. (Yes, I'm aware that I sound a bit conceited right now, but this is honestly something that I am so grateful for!) I am grateful that I have gotten this far in school and that I have been able to succeed in college.

I am really beginning to see and look for things that I am grateful for and it really is helping a lot to discover the happiness that comes with gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment